COVID 19 – Coronavirus Update
What to Expect When You Come to Our Office + Pre-Visit Instructions
- If you or anyone in your household is sick, please call to reschedule your appointment.
- Our waiting room is now open but limited to patients only. Please check-in at the front desk 10 minutes prior to your appointment time. Call to check-in is no longer necessary.
- Please check your email and text for communications from us as most of our forms are now digital.
- Our toothbrushing station is closed. Please brush your teeth before your appointment.
Thank you for your patience regarding these additional protective measures. Giving you the empowering smile you deserve while keeping you safe is always our top priority! We can’t wait to see you very soon!
Dr. H and the WGO Team
Please take note of the following health and safety policies. We have made some changes around the office to keep our patients safe and want to keep everyone informed. Thank you!
- Please let us know if you or anyone in your household has tested positive for COVID-19, are awaiting test results, or exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 such as fever, cough, runny nose, tightness in the chest, shortness of breath, or loss of taste or smell. We will need to reschedule your appointment if you or anyone in your household is sick.
- Also, please bring a face mask to your appointment. Everyone who enters our office will be required to wear one. Please note that we are only able to stock enough disposable masks for the use of our staff, so we ask that each patient bring their own.
- Please note that everyone who enters our office will also have their temperature taken (no-touch forehead thermometer) and will be provided with hand sanitizer to use. If you have a fever, you will be required to reschedule your appointment.
- Please note that our reception area will be closed. This means that we will ask patients to wait in their car until their treatment chair is ready. Please arrive 10 minutes early and call the office when you arrive at (706) 660-0221.
- Please note that only patients will be permitted in the office at this time. We will make exceptions for minors or those with a disability. In that case, one adult may accompany the patient and wait in the reception area – this person will also be asked to complete the COVID Questionnaire and Informed Consent, wear a mask, and have their temperature taken. Please no siblings or other guests. No one other than the patient will be allowed in the clinical area.
- Please note that our tooth-brushing area will be closed to prevent cross-contamination, so please brush and floss prior to your appointment.
- Please note that the number of patients we see on a daily basis will be limited to facilitate “social distancing” and this may make finding the perfect appointment time a little more difficult than usual. If you have an emergency which is causing you pain, please let us know and we will try to accommodate you. Broken brackets are not considered emergencies and will be repaired at your next scheduled appointment.
- Procedures that usually require a high-speed handpiece and generate dental aerosols (such as the removal of braces or aligner attachments) will now be completed using a composite removing plier. The use of high-speed handpieces will be limited at this time.
- In addition to our already rigorous sterilization and disinfection protocols, you will also notice air purification units around the office and our staff wearing more protective wear than usual. Our staff will be undergoing extra training related to infection control during the COVID-19 pandemic and will also undergo daily temperature checks and screening questions to monitor their own health.
Please be patient with us as we navigate this new normal! Although a lot has changed, our commitment to excellence has stayed the same!
Dr. H and the WGO Team